Listening Blog 10 (Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain)
When picking a song, I decided to pick one I do not remember hearing, and I do not remember hearing this song at all! I like how old fashion this song sounds compared to the current and popular songs of this chapter. As a guitarist, I can say this is not a very complicated picking progression, but it still takes a lot of skill to pick and sing at the same time. Throughout the entire song, the guitar and bass part are pretty much the same, besides when the guitar solo happens. I love the feel from this song; it makes me want to close my eyes and swing my head back and forth. I don't know how I feel about the line "Love is like an ember". Embers are the hottest part of a fire, but they will eventually burn out. For this song, the representation is fare, but for myself I am not a fan of this line. I think the title "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" just represents sadness. Blue represents sad, rain is normally present in sad situation, and crying is of course part of sadness. This title just overall tells the listener this song is going to be very sad.
Comments
Post a Comment