Listening Blog 6 (A Taste Of Honey)
When choosing what song to do for this blog, I decided to do one that I did not know in chapter 9, so I chose A Taste Of Honey by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass. At first, I was very skeptical about this song because of how slow it starts, but once everything goes quiet and you can only hear drums, you know something spectacular is about to come, and it didn't disappoint. This song has no words, but you can hear what would be words coming out of the trumpet. My favorite parts of this song is when the trumpet has to quick notes going down like a guitar doing pull-offs. Having everything go quite and only having drums really boosts the effects of this song by setting a new up-beat tempo compared to the first 18 seconds of the song.
One thing I noticed about the album cover is it has a very attractive woman looking at you in a very seductive way. I think the name of this song, A Taste Of Honey, might not be referring to the food honey, but to an attractive other that you might want to engage in intercourse with. This could also be referring to some kind of food brand that includes Honey in their basic food items.
Great analysis Andrew! Personally this song would not be included in my genre of choice because of the brass instrumentals. However I do appreciate the song for what it is, I agree that the trumpet is the best part of this song. I always wonder with music without any lyrics how they pick a name for that specific song.
ReplyDelete