Listening Blog 5 (Sh-Boom)
When I saw this song was on the list, I got very excited! This song is in my one of my playlists with extremely meaning full songs to me. The entire song has a happy swing feeling to it that make you want to get up and dance with someone. While looking at the lyrics, many of the made up words and sounds they sing do not show up; I like to think these lines represent how people can dream about whatever they want, so the Chords included fake words in their "dream" song. The emphasize on the song is "Life could be a dream" meaning people can choose what type of life they want to live. Dreams don't last long, so another message is don't waist this one life that you have.
This song is very fitting in the Cars movie. Lightning McQueen, a professional racer, chooses to change his life in the end by affiliating himself with the small town of Radiator Springs. This just goes to show that anyone in any situation can change, but as in the movie, change is extremely hard. Sh-Boom is a fantastic song for representing how life doesn't always have to be static; it can be dynamic.
As soon as I saw you had listened to Sh-Boom I scanned over your blog really quick to make sure you mentioned Cars haha. Cars is one of my favorite movies of all time, and it wouldn't be the same without the Sh-Boom scene. I agree with you that Sh-Boom is just a very happy song. I especially loved your dream line, about them not lasting long. We need to live like we're in a short dream. This was great, thanks!
ReplyDeleteI love this! This is one of those songs that everyone should know. The"Life could be a dream" lyric can motivate us to create the life we want! Despite difficult circumstances or hard times in life, music can always help me feel better. This song does that every time and always makes me think of Cars!
ReplyDeleteHi Andrew! I couldn't agree more. I love this song so much. This song always manages to lift my mood. It was a regular in my playlist for the past few years. I only like this version on the song. All of the covers just do not have the same classic sound as this version. Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI too, love this song! It's super fun and definitely has a happy feeling to it. It's also on one of my playlists and it has a fun classy feel. It mostly just reminds me of the movie "Cars" which isn't a bad thing! It's a fun song with lyrics that can definitely be applicable in uplifting your mood and feeling high on life.
ReplyDelete