Listening Blog 4 (In the Mood)

 One of the first things unique that stand out about this song is it's many false endings. I think the premise for these false endings come from the title; when someone is in the mood to do something, it can be extremely difficult to end it. While enjoying something that makes you feel as good as this song, it can be tough to break that mood for it. When someone is in the mood to do something, often, they repeat that thing or activity such as playing a sport or an instrument. This song represents this by repeating often the super catchy riff, or hook of this song. 

I can understand by this song held number one for twelve weeks back then; to me, this song feels like a busy happy song. The main riff makes me want to get a move on with whatever activity I'm working on. Another interesting thing about this song is the false endings never go quiet. After hearing that, I'd compare it to a director of an orchestra or a choir who looks like they are ending a song, but any musical person knows a song doesn't end until the director puts his arm down completely to his or her side.

Comments

  1. I love how you pointed out the ‘false endings’. I would’ve never have thought of it that way. That is so neat! I understand that when you’re playing a tune, and you’re ‘in the mood’ you don’t want to stop. When I’m humming a tune, or playing it on the piano or guitar; I don’t want to stop. You could say I’m ‘in the mood’ haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true this song has so many false endings. thanks for pointing that out to me. The mood in this song seems to change so much huh. You are so right about how this songs riff and hook are so catchy. I love how the artists designed this song to become one of the best of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way that you explained how this song made you feel. I love songs that are upbeat and happy. When songs are this way, I want to get up and move around which makes these songs great for working out!
    I really liked the vocabulary that you used such as riff and hook. After learning these terms in class I was able to better understand what was happening in the song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I really like the way you made it clear for us . The song is giving me a certain feeling and melody it matching with the song . On the other hand the artists did a good job , you can really see effort put in their work and I like the song .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening Blog 9 (Stairway to Heaven)

Listening Blog 12 (Thrift Shopping)